Books are helpful in so many ways. It can enrich your experience and help you live a better life. The same thing can be said about RV books or RV travel books, more specifically.
Reading RV books should be on your to-do list. Reading travel books can help you become a better RV traveler. Not that there is any type of bad RV travelers. But, reading books can definitely help you improve your experience and make you an expert. Since RV living is getting so popular, there are more books on the topic. Which means, you have plenty of options to choose from.
Find out how reading RV books can help you become a better traveler. If you are a beginner, reading RV travel books can be a real help.
Recreational Vehicle – How to Choose the Right One
RV stands for recreational vehicle and it is an umbrella term to define vehicles that are used for traveling and boarding. There are various types of RVs and they can be customized in many ways. You can create your own RV or buy an RV that is specifically built for the purpose.
RVs come in many shapes and sizes. You can get them in bus-like RVs or smaller ones with a trailer. Basically, there are three types of RVs – motorhomes, trailers, and truck campers.
Choosing the right RV is very important. The right RV is the one that matches your needs. Here are some tips on choosing the right RV vehicle:
- Choose your RV based on what type of RV life you want. Do you want it to be a permanent thing or you wish to use it for camping? Th fir thing you need to do is decide the purpose.
- The next thing you need to consider is how many people are going to travel. Will your pets be traveling with you? The size of the RV will depend on how many people/pets will be traveling.
- Consider your budget before buying a RV. Fuel cost will be more for larger RV than smaller one. Plus, you should consider the parking cost too. Larger RV will need more parking space, hence more cost.
- You also have to consider your lifestyle. Do you like cooking? Playing music? Or simply reading books? The type of RV you buy will depend on your lifestyle too. Thankfully, RVs are available for all types of travelers. Plus, you can also make some changes to customize the vehicle.
- You also need to consider whether it’s a long-term thing or short-term. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on a RV that you are only going to use occasionally. Make sure to consider this factor before buying a RV(Recreational Vehicle).
These are some of the most important things you need to consider before buying a RV. Finding the right RV is very important for making the whole trip more fun.
Things You Will Need in RV
When it comes to RV traveling, you need things to make your life as comfortable like your home. An active RV life includes a lot of traveling and camping. Which is why, you have to have things in your RV that are essentials. You have to be ruthless when preparing this list. If you are a minimalist by nature, then it would really help you.
Here are the most important things you will need in your RV:
- For RV – There are things you need to keep your RV functionally efficiently. These include sewer kit, battery jumper cables, fire extinguisher, Tire pressure gauge, surge protectors, extra motor oil and transmission fluid and others.
- Personal items – Here, you can include all the things you need for yourself, such as clothes, toiletries, furniture, décor items, a large zip bag to keep all your important documents. Try to keep the list as short as possible. Choose items that can be used for multiple things.
- Camping gears and accessories are also important. Living outside the RV during camping will be easier if you have items like lounge chair, hammock, books and magazines, table, tea set, and other things.
- Kitchen items are the most important part. You cannot live without food and you need to always keep the fridge well-stocked all the time. Make sure that you always have food supplies when traveling in RV.
These are some of the essential things you need in your RV. You can also add things as per your needs. Take time to make a list of all the essential things you need for your trip.
RV Travel Books – Find the Best Books to Read
RV living is more fun when you have books to read. Reading books is an excellent recreational activity. Additionally, it can help you in many ways. Reading travel books, and especially RV travel books, can help you enhance your experience.
When it comes to RV books, there are so many amazing options. Here is a list of RV travel books you can read before beginning your RV life. Or use it to further enhance your current RV life:
- The RV Book By Mark Polk – Read to learn how to keep your RV in top-notch condition for a long time
- Roadtrippers Route 66: Chicago to Santa Monica – Find the best RV destination, routes and much more here.
- Mobile Solar Power Made Easy! By William Errol Prowse IV – Learn how to solar power you RV.
- Where Should We Camp Next? A 50-State Guide to Amazing Campgrounds and Other Unique Outdoor Accommodations – The name says it all
- The 10 Best of Everything National Parks – Find out all about the best National Parks for RVers.
- Under the Starts: How America Fell in Love with Camping by Dan White – This is an excellent book for beginners
- Lonely Planet USA’s Best Trips: Amazing Road Trips – It will amaze you and help you understand what traveling actually means.
- Living the RV Life: Your Ultimate Guide to Life on the Road by Marc and Julie Bennett – It’s all in the name.
- The Joy Is In The Journey: Camping Journal & RV Travel Log By Enchanted Willow.
These are some of the best and popular RV travel books that you can read before starting your RV life. Or you can use it to try new things and make your exiting RV life even more exciting.
How RV Books can Improve Your Experience
Can reading RV books actually help you? Sure, it can. Reading is an excellent habit and it can benefit you in so many ways. Whether you need encouragement, inspiration or guidance, books can be your best friend.
Here is how RV travel books can make you a better traveler:
- Know More About RV Living
Books can tell you a lot about RV living. If you are a beginner, RV books can be a real help. RVing has gained a lot of popularity in recent decades. Which means, there are many people who are qualified to share their experience. You can read books to get an idea on how RV living works. You can actually find more details about RV life. If you are thinking of living in a RV, reading books can help you find inspiration and guidance.
- Find More Places to Travel
If you are looking for more places to travel, reading RV books can help. Whether you are just starting or have already traveled a lot, RV books can tell you about more places to visit. There are so many amazing places to visit for RVers. But you may not be aware of these places. It might be located close to you and you don’t know. That’s what book and magazines are for. They can provide you information you need for your RV living.
- Find Inspiration
Travel books can be really inspiring. Not just for RV living, but also for all types of traveling. RV books are full of information, facts and interesting things to inspire you. You use the information in the book to travel to new places, buy RV specific things, and do so much more. Reading books can be thrilling in so many ways. If you need a little inspiration or sign for your next traveling destination, start reading books on RV.
- Practical Tips
RV living can be a challenge, especially if you are new to it. Reading RV books can provide you practical tips. For instance, how to fix a leaky pipe or clean the drainage system. Reading books on RV written by people who have traveled extensively, can help you in many ways. Tips from expert RV travelers will help you navigate the challenge of RV living. Not just that, it will also help you learn things that can make RV living even more fun.
- Helps you Plan Trips
Not good with making plans? Read RV book and you will find many amazing tips on planning a trip. You can travel all over USA in your RV. With the right plan and strategy, you can make your trip more fun and less stressful. This is where your RV books will come in handy. RV travelers can help you plan your trips in a more efficient way. With tips on places to visit, things you need, DIYs, the books can become your guide. You will be able to do more with less. So, read as many RV books you can to make your trip even more exciting.
- Survival Tips
It is not like surviving in the wild, but RV life can be very tough and you need all the survival tips you can. From emergency tire change to finding fuel, you can find the right tips in the books. Read books that offer practical tips on surviving RV or camping. It will help you in case you ever get into emergency situation. Reading books and finding about the tough situations can also help you prepare for it.
- Recreational Reading
For people who love reading in general, reading RV books while traveling in RV is just more fun. Read books on traveling and RV living while you are traveling. It will enhance your experience and make you feel better. Reading RV books is nothing less than reading adventure books. It will surely help you find relaxation as well as fun. So, make a list of all the RV books you want to read and enjoy it while actually living RV life.
The Bottom Line
RV living is fun and exciting. Anyone can sign-up for it. One of the things that can make the whole experience more fun is reading. Read RV based books and you can easily find tips, suggestions and fun stuff to enrich your experience. It can surely work as your guide and help you navigate the challenges of living in a RV. RV Boondocker is RV living blog where you will find everything you need to know about RV life. From finding the best RV to RV travel books, there are so many things to explore here. Explore topics and find information that are helpful and entertaining. Don’t forget to check out the website for more information – https://rvboondocker.com/category/rv-boondocking/