Cleaning an RV shower head is simple, not to mention quick because they are so little. You should be able to make your RV’s shower shining clean in no time with some simple domestic cleaning materials & a little elbow effort. It’s advisable to avoid using strong chemicals so that they don’t wind up in your grey sewage tank.
How to Clean your RV Shower Head?
1. Nozzles should be rubbed
The nozzles on many showerheads are made of flexible rubber. Mineral accumulation in these nozzles may be removed by gently rubbing each nozzle using your finger. You may also use a toothbrush to gently clean the nozzles.
If you want to replace your RV shower head, opt for RV shower replacement today.
2. Soak the Shower Head in Vinegar
There are two approaches to this:
- If you want to keep the showerhead linked to the pipe coming out of the wall, fill a carrier bag with vinegar & wrap it over it.
- Wrap a tape, rubber band, or a twist knot around the bag’s neck.
- Wrap the bag around the showerhead & leave it for some hours.
- Remove the bag & run the shower for a few minutes to flush the vinegar from the showerhead.
- If you don’t mind disconnecting the shower head from the shower pipe, you may soak it in a jar of white vinegar.
- Soak the showerhead in vinegar for a few hours.
- Reattach the RV shower head to the shower pipe & run water through it for some minutes to clean the system
3. Clean the Filter Screen
You may need to reference the shower head’s instruction booklet to wash the filter screen. Don’t worry if you didn’t save the handbook! You might typically discover it on the company’s website or by calling customer care.
The filter screen is usually found in the section of the shower head that attaches to the pipe. To access the filter screen, you must first detach the showerhead from the hose.
The filter screen in most showerheads may be removed by gently brushing the filter out. You may also remove the screen from the pivot ball with needle-nose pliers/tweezers.
After removing the filter screen from the pivot ball, run it underwater for some minutes to flush out any accumulation. You may also gently brush away mineral deposits with a toothbrush.
Reinstall the RV shower head to the spray pipe & replace the filter screen in the pivot ball.
Kinds of RV Showerheads
The very first thing you should think about is the sort of showerhead you desire. There are several varieties available, each with its distinct characteristics.
- Handheld showerheads
The most common option is handheld RV shower heads. Rather than being attached to a wall, they attach to a hose & can be simply moved about to clean difficult-to-reach spots. Chrome or brushed nickel is used to make many high-quality handheld showerheads.
- Fixed showerheads
Fixed showerheads are the same as the showerheads you have at home. They are installed on the wall in a permanent position & may feature a swivel that enables you to adjust the spray. To use with your current (or new) showerhead, you might buy the wall mount individually.
Do you wish to replace your RV shower head with a new one? If so, then opt for RV shower replacement today.
- Rain Showerheads
Rain showerheads feature a big diameter & a consistent water flow, similar to a rain cloud. They may be set up as a handles shower head, a fixed shower head, or both. However, a rain showerhead often does not provide as much water pressure as a classic type RV showerhead. Generally, they provide a more peaceful & luxurious spa experience than a typical shower.
Features to Search for in an RV showerhead
Several RV showerheads are built similarly, but each has its own unique set of characteristics. These are some of the things to keep an eye out for:
- A pause/shut-off function: This enables you to pause the water whilst lathering up with soap or shampoo. This function is vital while dry camping with a restricted water supply & needing to preserve as much water as possible.
- Installation: The installation process should be quick & simple. There is no requirement for a skilled technician or plumber.
- Oxygenated showerheads: They offer several advantages. According to several studies, adding oxygen to water is analogous to inflating a balloon with air. It causes water droplets to expand, causing them to emerge from showerheads bigger & broader, covering more of you when you shower. The combination of water &oxygenin an oxygenated RV shower head generates an effect similar to a jet engine, blasting away stink &dirt with amazing force.
- Anti-clogging properties: Some showerheads are particularly constructed with non-stick internal elements to avoid mineral build-up & clogging. This is handy if you frequently camp in hard water places.
While RV showers might not be equivalent to what you have at your house, they’re a much-appreciated convenience when traveling. You might update your existing shower to perform more effectively by applying some of these simple methods, saving you water & a hassle.
Call to Action:
Are you wondering where you will find the best RV solutions? In that case, opt for RVBoondocker today. Here you will find answers to all of your RV issues. If you wish to contact us, write to us via mail at [email protected]